Issues with linkage for a package in rpmbuild

When updating the 'ikona' package to 1.0, I ran across some linkage
gore relating to dlopen: https://asciinema.org/a/321155

I can only reproduce this within the rpmbuild environment, leading me
to believe this is caused by bad compilation flags coming from macros
or an issue with rpmbuild's faked root shenanigans (I've seen that
compilers can gore heavily when you mess them up).

The following work:
- Building from source with patch [1] outside rpmbuild in a dirty
environment  (F32)
- Building from source with patch outside rpmbuild in a clean
environment (F31 chroot)

The following do not work:
- Building from source with patch inside rpmbuild's environment (F32)
- Building from source with patch inside mock inside rpmbuild's
environment (F31 chroot)

The faulty package is located at:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/appadeia/rpms/ikona/tree/cblack/faulty.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

[1] The patch consists of backported changes that I made on master.

-- Carson Black [ jan Pontaoski ]