Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved

* Lennart Poettering:

> On Do, 16.04.20 17:14, Florian Weimer (fweimer@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
>> > I don't think we can reliably determine whether people have deployed
>> > things in a way that relies on /etc/resolv.conf only listing a fully
>> > blown DNS server or who are fine with it being a more restricted stub
>> > like systemd-resolved.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I see something similar to what Tom Hughes reported
>> earlier: dig +dnssec responses are not even correctly formatted.  The CD
>> query flag is not handled, either.  The AD bit is not set on validated
>> that resolved is incorrectly blacklisting upstream servers with an
>> incompatible-server error after a validation failure.
>
> Again, we do not support DNSSEC from client to the stub.

I don't think this change is ready for Fedora, then.

> If you set CD we'll return NOTIMP as rcode, indicating that. We do not
> implement a full DNS server, but just enough for local stub clients
> (such as the one implemented in glibc or Java) to work.

Sorry?  RES_USE_DNSSEC is part of the glibc stub resolver.  It does not
work anymore.

The libunbound validator is broken by this, too.

> If you want the full DNSSEC client stuff, talk directly to the
> upstream DNS server.

How?  The address is no longer in /etc/resolv.conf.  According to the
change proposal, this also endangers Denise, who relies on the request
routing in systemd-resolved.

Thanks,
Florian