Re: Outage: Migration of Copr servers - 2020-02-23 06:00 UTC

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 5:52:44 PM CEST Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> > > Not yet, the HW is still not assembled in new lab.
> > >
> > > Pavel
> >
> > Do you know when it will be available?
> > If it takes some time, how about using qemu emulation for the ppc64le
> > chroot for now?
> >

> Fedora Infrastructure are in the middle of 2 data center moves currently
> with a COVID-19 lockdown affecting our ability to give any timelines of
> when things will be available. I do not think the servers will be available
> until May at the earliest and they will be a lower priority than keeping
> koji or other core Fedora services going.

Yeah, this sounds OK.  Good luck with the movement.

> Currently copr is running out of amazon and does not have emulation
> capabilities either.

We already enabled emulated armhfp (on x86_64) builders in copr (that's probably
what Jun meant)... it's the software emulation by qemu-user-static (mock
--forcearch).

@Jun wrote:
> Any update for Copr ppc64le chroots?

People were used to use native machines for ppc64le targets, so the
temporary switch to emulated variant could cause more harm then good here.
I'd rather wait till May for the native builders then mix-up.

Pavel