Re: Geany Plugins build fails due to missing webkigtk4 on aarch64/s390x - Need support

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Dominic Hopf via devel wrote:

Thanks very much for your help Scott and Michael!
I now did both, changed the requirement to webkit2gtk3-devel and as this one
is also not available on the mentioned architectures,
excluded those architectures using ExcludeArch for this specific subpackage.

The package built fine now without any errors. :-)

Thanks very much and Best Regards,
Take care of yourself within these strange times!

I don't think that's quite what happened though. It looks like there were no builds done at all for s390x and aarch64. It seems that ExcludeArch applies to the whole package and not a subpackage. If you want to just exclude a subpackage, you need to use %ifnarch, see:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/wxGTK3/blob/epel8/f/wxGTK3.spec#_46

Scott