Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Removal of the glibc-headers package

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 07:36:34PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Neal Gompa:
>
> > Maybe this is a dumb question, but why do we not want to ship this? I
> > can't seem to figure out why we keep trying to block it, what harm it
> > causes to ship it, and so on...
>
> We haven't been able to ship it *consistently*.  It either has to be
> always available in the x86_64 compose, or never.  It can't change from
> day to day, that does not work.
>
> My understanding is that it's currently not possible to exclude packages
> based on name and architecture, so changing the glibc package seems the
> easy way out.

We should way to do that, perhaps not by name and architecture, but name and
whether the multilib is non-primary.
There are other packages like gcc-* subpackages that really have to come
only from the primary multilib arch and not the secondary ones and from time
to time bogus dependencies in other packages bring it in.
glibc-headers is the same category.

	Jakub