Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V3

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 2:07 pm, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We've collected the feedback in
good faith, examined it and then identified shortcomings with it. For
the sake of clarity in the Change Proposal, I've recorded that
reasoning there.

I don't have any comment on the overall proposal, I just want to say it's pretty clear that you and Aleksandra are considering the feedback you've received, are discussing in the open, and are following our normal community processes for developing consensus and approving the change. This feels like an example of the *right* way to do a potentially-controversial change. In contrast to... you know, the other controversial thread we have right now. So thanks for that.

Downstream RHEL concerns *are* Fedora concerns. I cannot stress this
enough: Fedora and Red Hat have a highly symbiotic relationship. The
more RHEL succeeds, the more support Fedora gets from Red Hat. The
more Fedora succeeds, the better the resulting RHEL product. It is
disingenuous to imply that something that "addresses mainly a
downstream RHEL concern using Fedora's resources" is a net-negative
for Fedora.

Very true! We have a mutually-beneficial virtuous cycle here. Both Fedora and RHEL stand to benefit from changes that make RHEL development easier.

Michael