Re: @core install picking up desktop packages

Le jeudi 02 avril 2020 à 13:24 -0400, Steve Grubb a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've been doing some testing of F32 and was curious about something.
> I have a
> kickstart file that just installs @core to be a minimal system. While
> looking
> over the resulting system, there are fonts, wayland, gtk3 and others.
> Is this
> intentional? The system probably doesn't have everything that's needs
> function as a desktop. Why are all these installed by @core?

Fonts are here because many users complained their minimal systems
(that needed fonts) did not work and they should not know they need to
put the fonts group in their kickstart, so packagers have been slowly
adding font deps everywhere just to get some peace.

(also the langpack initiative is yet another attempt to satisfy
everyone, that is likely to pull fonts on any system)

Lots of things use fonts server side, they’re not a desktop-only thing
(though on may argue the selection should be more minimal server-side)

--
Nicolas Mailhot