Re: The Git forge decision (was CPE Weekly: 2020-03-28)

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 13:10, Leigh Griffin <lgriffin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:29 AM Iñaki Ucar <iucar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> So I was also waiting for those open discussions about the
>> requirements gathered.
>
> We had several threads on them from the Fedora perspective on both devel and council lists.

Yet again: threads on requirements gathering, not on the merits of the
final User Story list. That's what several of us were expecting. I
don't think it's too hard too understand. You can say "no, that wasn't
part of the process", but then, sorry, you didn't communicate that
effectively.

> I'm sorry this is disappointing but even reading the analysis by Neal it is looking at the merit of the requirement and not looking at the fact that it is valuable to somebody. Each stakeholder group had their own means to discuss and debate the merits and had them rolled into CPE who in turn analysed them and published the full story list.

Two things are obvious here: 1) not all the requirements can be met
(you already stated this), and 2) not all requirements have the same
importance. So yes, of course Neal is looking at the merit of every
single requirement, and that's your job too. What if I say that is
valuable to me that the GitHub logo is on top of the interface? Is
that something that should be taken into account just because it's
valuable to somebody?

Iñaki