Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change Proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose V2

Hi, Miro,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:09 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27. 03. 20 16:07, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > Please see the newly-updated
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ELN_Buildroot_and_Compose
>
> > Setup automation to trigger new ELN build every time there is a new update submitted to Fedora Rawhide.
>
> Put all the other feedback aside, if we actually decide that this change is
> happening, can we not build ELN during the datacenter move [1], when Koji will
> have a very limited capacity [2]?

I think we should go with Kevin's suggestion and deprioritize eln
builds from the start. If this is not going to be enough for the
datacenter move, then we can disable ELN pipelines for two weeks.
As we will use external service (most likely Jenkins pipeline) to
trigger the builds, we will be able to switch them on and off without
changing anything on the infrastructure.

> (Either not build yet or stop the builds if they already run at that time.)
>
> [1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2221
> [2]
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/KURIBFQXUPCH7OW7ED4UIA37S2RIXTI5/
>
> --