Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On 30. 03. 20 11:17, Leigh Griffin wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience while the CPE Team worked through an incredible number of requirements from multiple stakeholder sources. On Friday evening we announced on the Community Blog <https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/making-a-git-forge-decision/> our decision to adopt Gitlab as our Git Forge and to retain pagure.io <http://pagure.io/> to ultimately hand over to the Community to maintain. It wasn't an easy decision by any stretch of the imagination and we hope that the compromise that we are striking will help to allow Pagure flourish and to give a choice of Forges for your usage. I'm happy to field any questions or comments about this decision.

We are opting for GitLab for our dist git and project hosting and will continue
to run pagure.io with community assistance.
If no one steps up to pick the maintenance of pagure.io, it will be a candidate > application to sunset.

Let's consider what happens if/when pagure.io eventually dies, because there will be nobody to community-run it.

Ticketing instances of Fedora bodies (Council, FESCo, Mindshare, FPC, releng, infra...) need to be migrated away from pagure.io. Where do they go? Will there be a non-distgit GitLab Fedora instance as well?

--
Miro Hrončok