Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: ELN Buildroot and Compose

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:29 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Will there be a way to opt-out packages (or stacks of them) from ELN if they are
> >> not interesting for RHEL?
> >
> > We want to start with a subset of packages at the beginning (basic
> > buildroot packages, system-level packages and so on) and see if it can
> > grow beyond EL-subset later.
> > I think we should cover EPEL packages too, so it already goes further
> > than just RHEL.
>
> So this is already the plan (only have some packages)? I have not understood
> that from the proposal at all.

This was left out of the proposal because we hadn't come to a firm
decision on it yet (it's still somewhat fluid). ELN SIG members are
agreed that this will *not* be "every package in Fedora", but there's
still some disagreement about which specific subset it will be. As
Aleksandra says, it will likely be more than just RHEL BaseOS, but by
how much is an open question.