Re: FC4 perl module upgrades/cleanups

Jeff Johnson wrote:
Rex Dieter wrote:

So what do you suggest doing when the internal dep generator yields incorrect/bogus results?

The internal dep generator is *NOT* yielding incorrect/bogus dependencies, the per-perl script
is yielding incorrect/bogus dependencies because regexes are mis-firing.

You are confused.

Semantics. Whatever.

No correctness. Disabling the internal dependency generator is not at

... There is no dispute that this is bad, in general.

My point being that incorrect deps/reqs *are* being generated from time to time. How to fix/workaround that?

Override %__perl_requires and filter as before.

In what rpm version was __perl_requires introduced? I've tried to use it from time-to-time, and it doesn't seem to work with older versions of rpm (or perhaps I didn't try hard enough).

-- Rex