Re: Announcing start of DNF 5 development

Dne 12. 03. 20 v 19:26 Pat Riehecky napsal(a):
I realize I'm thinking about the Pie in the Sky, but:

Would it be possible for 'microdnf' to become the base for 'dnf' so
that extra 'dnf' functionality is added via some kind of
modules/plugins/etc behaviour?  Perhaps "somehow" it could (for
example) find out "oh I've got python, lets load those feature bits
too".

This could help keep them fully compatible and let folks using dnf
based installers look at pulling in just the features they require.

I don't think we're ready for this yet. We need to work on improving libdnf and delivering a dbus interface in the first place as announced. Once we're finished with these changes, we'll definitely look into making python optional.