kernel source code

Dear All,

RE: In order to eliminate the redundancy inherent in providing a separate package for the kernel source code when that source code already exists in the kernel's .src.rpm file, Fedora Core 3 no longer includes the kernel-source package. - http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/

I think this is a big mistake - kernel-source didn't harm anyone and removing it hugely increases the amount of hassle involved in any kernel upgrade. You have to accept that fedora users will be using stuff that lies outside the fedora world of nicely packaged programs and this means that users need the source code. The hassle involved with this elimination of the kernel source code package is irritating enough for us to consider using another distro when we come to change from FC2.

Please put the kernel sourcecode back.

Cheers,

SA