Re: Autoclosure of review requests?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 05:04:26PM -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:

> The usual Bugzilla housekeeping (branching, EOL closure, etc) explicitly
> excludes review request bugs. Having a large number of open, ancient review
> requests isn't exactly harmful, but it's not very helpful either.
>
> Before I make a proposal to FPC, I thought I'd open a conversation here.
> What does a reasonable cleanup of review requests look like?
>
> My initial thought is to close all review requests that were opened >2
> years ago, to be performed at the EOL closure for each release.

Here are my thoughts: It depends on who is waiting.

If the submitter is not responding to a reviewer, it makes sense to
close the review request rather soon (maybe after 6 weeks).

If the reviewer is not responding after the submitter updated the review
request, the request should be unassigned to show that it is available
for other reviewers. This should happen rather soon for review requests
from new packagers (blocking NEEDSPONSOR) to keep newcomers on the hook
(maybe after 2 weeks).

If the review request is not moving forward in general, the submitter
should be asked if they still have interest and only if there is no
response, it should be closed. Maybe after 6-12 months.

Kind regards
Till