Self Introduction: Aleksei Bavshin

Hi all,

My name is Aleksei and I'm Russian living in the San Franciso Bay
Area. I've been using Linux at home since 2003 and developing
closed-source Linux software for my daytime jobs over the last decade.
I started with Mandrake 9, tried ALT, spent a few years with Slackware
and finally ended my pursuit of a perfect distro on Fedora 9
(Sulphur). Been using and promoting Fedora ever since; Linux users
from Tomsk, Russia may still remember my efforts on keeping a mirror
of Fedora repository in a city intranet and packaging small things
missing in official repos.

I'm also a fan of tiling window managers; have been using xmonad and
awesome wm for a while until certain hardware issue made me switch to
wayland. Nowadays my main wm is sway, and I'm joining Fedora to make
contribution to sway ecosystem. My first package will be waybar, which
I'm finally moving from copr to the main Fedora repository. Afterwards
I'll be looking for other missing bits that would help sway users.

Looking forward to doing something for my favorite Linux distribution.
--
With best regards,
Aleksei Bavshin