Re: Change proposal discussion - Optimize SquashFS Size

Josef Skladanka wrote:
> Assuming that your numbers are even accurate (which I have not seen any
> proof of so far), your vaguely defined "thousands" (semantically implies <
> 10, but absolutely < 20k, especially since you tend to use hyperbole, and
> that would definitely be "tens of thousands" to suit your case better)

With "thousands", I just meant ≥ 2000, no upper bound.

Fedora reportedly has millions of users, but I have no way of telling how
many of those are actually affected by the longer download time (to the
extent that the shorter install time would be more than offset by it), so I
wrote "thousands". But I was NOT trying to imply that they would be less
than 2% as you claim. That is a completely wrong interpretation of what I
wrote.

Hence, the remainder of your post is a strawman based on entirely fictional
"statistics".

        Kevin Kofler