Re: Git Forge Requirements: Please see the Community Blog

First requirement:
As a Fedora community member, I'm able to self-organize my personal and team work by creating projects and group of projects, by defining different access levels, and by having basic contribution allowed for everyone by default, so that I can contribute in full autonomy.

As teams.fedoraproject.org was mentioned before, the fact teams.fp.o requires you to add each user in the project for them to be able to interact with a ticket made me given up with this tool for the translation platform migration to Weblate.

In the other hand, we created 38 repositories to contain documentation's translations.
We created groups and did the whole setting easily.
The Pagure mindset fits with the idea of autonomy and ability to personalize.

By the way, we are stuck with automation which relies on openshift.
It took me days only to get access as reader to fedora docs openshift.
I connected and got lost instantly, it's complex and since, we had no progress in months.

Moving to either GitLab or Github worries me as it may lower our ability to self organize and the empowerment from casual contributors to key member of the community.

Second requirement:
As a Fedora community member, I am using tools respecting the values of my community so that my speech and my acts are consistent.

We already have difficulties in promoting open source, not using it ourselves lower our credibility.

Third requirement:
The platform should provide ways to talk with fedora-messages, so that non-packaging
activities are included in Fedora community statistics and rewards (badges).

Jean-Baptiste