Re: mock log output has DOS line endings?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:21 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I the only one having this problem? I don't know exactly when it started but all of a sudden all of the log output has DOS line endings and it's very annoying. I have to run dox2unix on the logs to make them readable.

It's even worse than that.  Some of the lines have DOS line endings
and others have Unix line endings.  In a recent root.log, for example,
the file starts off with Unix line endings, and then ...

DEBUG util.py:427:  Unsharing. Flags: 1073741824
DEBUG util.py:427:  Unsharing. Flags: 134217728
DEBUG util.py:598:  Updating / installing...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That line is the first one with DOS line endings.  That continues until....

DEBUG util.py:598:  warning: group jjames does not exist - using root
DEBUG util.py:744:  Child return code was: 0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That line switches back to Unix line endings.

This pattern continues for the rest of the file.  Whenever the two
"Unsharing" lines (with Unix line endings) show up, the very next line
has a DOS line ending and that persists until a "Child return code"
line, which again has a Unix line ending.

In build.log, the first few lines dealing with systemd-nspawn have
Unix line endings, then these lines have DOS line endings:

Building target platforms: x86_64
Building for target x86_64
setting SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH=1580256000
Wrote: /builddir/build/SRPMS/foo-1.0-1.fc32.src.rpm

As before the subsequent "Child return code" line returns to Unix line
endings.  The next "Building target platforms" line switches back to
DOS line endings again, and that persists until the next "Child return
code" line.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/