Re: Groovy Build Failing Due to Disappearance of groovy-local

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 2:52 PM Bill Chatfield via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday, January 27, 2020, 3:58:07 AM EST, Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Depending on what you want to achieve, I think I can give you better "first package to work on" suggestions :)
>
> Yes, please give me some suggestions. I thought I had found one with few dependencies but looks like it's harder than it appears. Gradle and Groovy will have to be next though. They're pretty critical.

If you want to look at gradle, good luck - it looks like all linux
distributions I looked at have given up on packaging it properly.
Only Arch is providing up-to-date gradle packages, but they're only
bundling up the upstream release binaries, which isn't acceptable for
fedora.

For something easier to start with, I suggest looking at the packages
the stewardship-sig group is maintaining:
https://decathorpe.fedorapeople.org/stewardship-sig.html#maintained-packages

Since almost all other Java packages have disapparated, we're pretty
much taking care of the whole base of the Java stack. But we can only
provide maintenance on a best-effort basis, so it would be great to
have somebody with real-world Java experience look at some of the
packages.

General information, helper scripts and the ticketing system for our
group is hosted here:
https://pagure.io/stewardship-sig/

For example, we have a list of outdated packages here:
https://decathorpe.fedorapeople.org/stewardship-sig-stats.html

There's also a list of Pull Requests that are ready for review:
https://decathorpe.fedorapeople.org/stewardship-sig-prs.html

This spreadsheet has a broad overview of everything, including some
comments on why some updates are blocked:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11RlwsEs-LJgTOrUD1P4LpsvW9icVQrvrU5RFqxUuccY/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.
Fabio