Re: Copr in 2020 - summary of votes

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:39:32 PM CET Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 2:30 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> (snip)

> > > This is already available. See previous thread. It is in chroot setting.
> >
> > AFAIK This is not available. max builds is, but not max successful builds. See
> > https://pagure.io/copr/copr/issue/840
>
> Also, this option is only available for automatically trigged packages.
> I can't set a limit for packages without a configured source (like
> packages uploaded as SRPM).

The web-page navigation/layout is somewhat unclear on this historically.

The "Default build source" menu is settings for package in project;  it
sets the default sources for package (for 'copr-cli build-package') but
also generic options which apply to any builds (e.g. srpm upload).

> I think I *could* rewrite my complete CI workflow to work with "rpkg"
> or "make srpm" SCM package source for COPR, but that would involve at
> least a few days of work for the migration ...

That said, put there some "fake" scm defaults together with max-builds option,
and keep going with srpm uploads.  It should work.

Pavel