Re: Intro: Newbie incoming, Samyak Jain.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 21:37:52 +0530, Samyak Jain wrote:
> Heya,

Hello Samyak, and welcome to Fedora!

> This is Samyak Jain, a 20-year old student, developer, and an avid learner.
> Also, as a third year undergraduate in the field of computer science, I have
> been an open-source learner and a contributor for a while now.
>
> Coming to open-source contributions, I have contributed to the Debian community
> for Debian packaging for ruby gems mostly, as well as, have a keen interest in
> python language, did some doc fixes(newbie). I like to write mostly technical,
> you can find my blogs at https://samyak-jn.github.io/.
>
> It would be great if someone can mentor me with it, I would love to contribute
> to the project and to learn new things.
>
> I have mostly used Debian, Linux Mint and Kali(for some time) and would love to
> explore more.
>
> Looking forward to work and learn from the community and grow together.

There are a few ways joining the package maintainers in Fedora. These
are documented here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group

So, I'd start by reading them first.

I will also post them on the Welcome-to-Fedora ticket for you here so
that they're all in one place for you to find:
https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Welcome-to-Fedora/issue/28

--
Thanks,
Regards,