Re: This update's test gating status has been changed to, 'greenwave_failed'.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 09:30:33AM -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 14:37 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > For historical reasons, bodhi treats the "greenwave_failed" status as
> > "passed", so it will not gate updates if greenwave failed to give it
> > a go/nogo answer.
>
> It's not historical, or we wouldn't be discussing this - the message
> means that Greenwave returned a 5xx status code to Bodhi. If Bodhi
> didn't consider that a "pass", then we would be blocking updates due to
> systemic errors, and that would be unpleasant for packagers.

There are no more systemic errors, there are infrastructure issues at times
which is what happened during the shutdown as we saw with other components.

> > On the top of that, bodhi checks all un-pushed update when it calls
> > greenwave which is why we sometime see this toggling.
> > I have argued in the past that once an update passed greenwave we
> > shouldn't ask greenwave if it changed its mind but the idea was then
> > turned down.
>
> It's not continuous integration if you don't do it continuously.

We have the answer from the CI SIG saying that if the tests pass, we can assume
they'll keep passing and optimize our script with this assumption.

Pierre