Re: Fedora 32 Self-Contained Change proposal: Additional buildroot to test x86-64 micro-architecture update

* Neal Gompa:

> 1. Our builder resources are squeezed enough as it is. In doing this,
> are we going to get more machines so that we can have more builders?
> Between modules and this, I worry our resources will get squeezed far
> too tightly for my comfort.

Please send me the required hardware specs and number of machines.

> 2. This feature does not describe what the new microarchitecture
> baseline will be. I *could* assume it's the crazy new
> microarchitecture that was proposed in the rejected Change, but I
> don't want to make that assumption. Please specify.

It's going the be AVX2 with or without VZEROUPPER.  We'll try without
VZEROUPPER first, but if that has too poor performance for legacy
software, we need to build with VZEROUPPER.

> 3. Why is this in the main Koji and require a new disttag? Why not
> just do a shadow Koji and build in an alternate path?

It was the best approach we came up with.  If there better ways to
implement this, that's fine too.

We do not want to change the RPM architecture, so that users still can
install third-party software.  This means that we need to change the
dist tag to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Florian