Re: New Package Process

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:26 PM Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a new contributor who wants to get
> a package into Fedora.
>
> The package is called "Flight Data Recorder"
>        https://github.com/oracle/fdr
>
> It manages ftraces to record kernel data in way, when
> there is a kernel crash, one can go back and "see" what
> happen... It sounds very promising.... IMHO.
>
> Now I've done this process a number of times
> in the past... but not for a while and there
> always seems to be a few new tweaks...
>
> So could point me to the latest doc on
> how to get a package in from a existing and
> non-existing contributor. I would appreciated it.

The wiki page for "new contributors" is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

The package review process is described here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

The first covers how to get your first package into fedora and get
sponsored as a packager.
The second describes the review process and what's necessary to add
the package to fedora.

Both pages seem to be pretty up-to-date with the current state of koji
/ pagure / bodhi / CLI tools.

Fabio