Re: Copr Build System - review of 2019 and vote for features in 2020

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:01 AM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to sum up what happened in Copr during 2019. At the end of this email, you can see our TODO list and cast your
> vote on what we should focus on.

Hi!

Thanks for all this work, COPR is super useful.

> During the year 2019:
>
> * we added native AARCH64 builders
> * we added emulated ARMhfp builders
> * released eight new versions of Mock including features as Jinja templates in configs, Dynamic BuildRequires,
> subscription-manager support, which enables us to build on top of RHEL, Fedora Toolbox support, and container image
> support which allows building using incompatible RPM.
>   https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki#release-notes
>   To give credit - some of these Mock's features were contributed by community members.
> * We removed outdated chroots, which allowed us to reclaim terabytes of disk space. At the same time, we give you the
> option to keep those old repos if you want them.
>   http://frostyx.cz/posts/copr-removing-outdated-chroots
> * we provided RSS feed
>   https://fedora-copr.github.io/posts/Copr-new-rss-feed
> * we added project discussions by integration with https://discussion.fedoraproject.org
> * your project can be marked as temporary, and we delete it automatically after a specified amount of days. This is
> great for CI projects.
> * we migrated from fedmsg to fedora-messaging
>   https://pavel.raiskup.cz/blog/copr-messsaging.html
> * we provide anonymized DB dump so that you can play with our data
>   https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/db_dumps/
> * you can pin your favorite projects now
>    http://frostyx.cz/posts/create-your-portfolio-with-pinned-projects
> * thanks to Amazon, we can use AWS for builders for free, which allowed us to use more builders.
> * user Iucan rebuilds all R packages from CRAN for Fedora
>  https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/iucar/cran/
> * we are contributing to speed up createrepo_c, because that one is our biggest bottleneck. For projects like Cran or
> python rebuilds, the createrepo task runs longer than the build of package and cannot be parallelized.
> * Many interesting projects appeared in Copr and we wrote about them
>  https://fedoramagazine.org/?s=cool+new+projects+to+try+in+COPR
> * Added per-package config option to blacklist the package from building against particular chroots
> * Added support for multilib projects https://pagure.io/copr/copr/issue/1181
> * Refined modularity support, module dependency, module_hotfixes flags, ...
> * Copr permissions can now be set via API and CLI.

(snip)

> * Removing old builds automatically, per option that only keeps a maximum number of builds per given package.

How do I actually enable this? I can't find it, neither in the web
interface, nor in copr-cli.
It would be useful to have this set up for my elementary-nightly COPR,
since there are 10000+ builds in there, accumulated since 2015, and I
really only need it to keep the ~5 most recent build entries per
package.

> What are our plans for 2020? We have some mandatory tasks:
> * migrate to new datacenter together with the whole fedora-infrastructure
> * install and use new and bigger storage
>
> Yet we have quite a long list of RFEs and tasks to do. As **you** are our customers, I would like to hear your opinion
> on what is crucial for you.
> Please cast your vote here:
>   https://forms.gle/GXWaZ1yzmkPJmeQw9

Voted, thanks!