Big change to free maxmind GeoLite2 databases, limiting distribution

I see that currently Fedora rawhide gets new geolite2-*-YYYMMDD packages
(e.g. geolite2-city-20191217) each month in order to distribute the free
maxmind geo IP databases.  Unfortunately, Maxmind just greatly tightened
down on the license for these data distributions and I think that Fedora
will no longer be able to distribute them.  The databases may still be
downloaded for free, and they may be freely redistributed, but anybody
who does so must ensure that everybody that they distribute to updates
their database within 30 days after Maxmind updates them, and destroys
all old copies.  Here's the blog entry where they announced the change,
late in December, effective the end of 2019, saying that they had to do
it because of privacy laws:
    https://blog.maxmind.com/2019/12/18/significant-changes-to-accessing-and-using-geolite2-databases/

Anybody may sign up for an account and free license key, but they have to
agree to The new End User License Agreement with the new stipulations.
    https://www.maxmind.com/en/geolite2/eula

I welcome any suggestions for good alternative sources of geo IP data
that doesn't have these kinds of restrictions and also believes they can
adhere to the privacy laws without requiring a license key.

Dave