Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal (late): Enable EarlyOOM

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 11:53 am, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And yes the idea is to go a little faster. Earlyoom is easy to take
out. And I have no problem with it coming out in fc33 if oomd or (more
likely) lmm are ready by then.

Brainstorming: if a systemd-level solution were to be ready in the F33 or F34 timeframe, I'd be OK with just waiting for that. We've had 31 Fedora releases without earlyoom and one or two more isn't the end of the world. Seems easier than installing earlyoom on everybody's computers and then calling "backsies!" a year later.

Of course we would need to monitor progress at the systemd level to make sure this solution is advancing as desired, and fall back to plans for earlyoom if things get off track.

Michael