Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 09:09:26AM -0800, Jerry James wrote:
> Pardon the top posting. I am on the road with only my phone, no Fedora
> devices anywhere. I have been thinking about trying to get Facebook's Infer
> tool into Fedora. Several of its dependencies are on this list, but I won't
> be able to take them until I get home, after they are retired.  The ocaml
> packages, at least, have some serious dependency issues, as I recall, but I
> would like to see if they can be fixed.  Can someone please assign the
> following packages to me?  After I return I will fix them if I can & retire
> them if I cannot.
>
> jackson

For these packages:

> ocaml-bin-prot
> ocaml-deriving
> ocaml-sexplib

I orphaned them because the upstream versions we were using depended
on camlp4.  There are newer upstream versions but they had quite
different requirements (being basically rewritten in at least the case
of Deriving).

Anyway in the meantime all 3 packages were taken by Dan Čermák
(https://src.fedoraproject.org/user/defolos/projects).

Rich.