Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Disallow Empty Password By Default

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:18:57 AM MST Lennart Poettering wrote:
> systemd-homed integrates with sshd's AuthorizedKeysCommand and
> supplies any SSH keys assoicated with the user account directly to SSH
> without anyone needing access ~/.ssh/. i.e. integration with SSH is
> actually already in place.

Excellent, that's what I mentioned in the other subthread. Does this use
sssd's existing AuthorizedKeysCommand, or would it interfere with it?

> The problem is that sshd's PAM implementation doesn't allow PAM
> modules to ask questions in login sessions which are authenticated via
> authorized_keys instead of PAM. Because if we could ask questions
> then, we could simply ask the user for the passphrase to derive the
> LUKS key from if we need. That would mean that if you SSH login if you
> already are logged in locally, then logins would be instant, but if
> you SSH login otherwise then you'd get a prompt for the pw first.

Is the key's passphrase always going to be based on the user's password with
systed-homed? Is there a mechanism to use a separate password?

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity