Re: RFC: Branch requests from non-maintainers

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019, 22:44 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> * Should any other packager (not that maintainer) be able to request
> new branches on that repo?
> * Should provenpackager be able to do the same request?

Since I do not give a darn about what happens to my packages on EPEL, I am
fine with anybody requesting EPEL branches for them as long as they do the
work and don't expect me to do anything to those branches (which is not
going to happen).

I think this might be a good time point out that it's actually possible to override the default assignee for a component for EPEL bugs (also for fedora) in bugzilla by adding this override in the releng/fedora-scm-requests repo for the respective package, like here:

https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/blob/master/f/rpms/jackson-databind

(Note that lef was actually deemed non-responsive some months back, so this is probably not a good example of a package where this split responsibility "worked".)

Fabio

        Kevin Kofler