Re: Looking for co-maintainers for blueman

Hi Artur,

Am 29.11.19 um 12:35 schrieb Artur Iwicki:
> Some time ago I adopted blueman, as it has been orphaned and I, being a user, wanted to keep it around.
>
> Unfortunately I know very little Python (which blueman is written in) and even less about the Bluetooth stack on Linux, and as a result the bug reports for blueman have been piling up. As such, I want to ask if anyone would be interested in co-maintaining the package and trying to tackle some of the Bugzilla tickets.

Thank you for your efforts. Also I think you did a good job in the past
(packaging the latest available release, even cherry-picking some upstream
patches).

As far as I can see there are only ABRT reports open, right?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&component=blueman&product=Fedora

Usually these are actually upstream bugs and I would not expect that a Fedora
packager can solve these (besides maybe guiding users to the right upstream
bug tracker).

Also you could trim the list by marking some as duplicate.

- DBusInProgressError: 1731256, 1737349, 1763873
- g_log_structured_standard(): 1638916, 1713022
  (probably it would be best to use one of the public reports and close the
   "private" ones)

-> down to 3 bugs :-)

regarding bug 1627525:
  [abrt] blueman: _unpack_result(): Gio.py:302:_unpack_result:AttributeError:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'unpack'

There is an upstream bug report [1] and the reporter even mentions using
Fedora. On a quick glance this seems to be resolved in pygobject [2] for quite
a while.
-> Maybe just refer the reporter to the upstream bug reports + and close the
   issue if there is no response after a few days.

I don't see any mentions for the other two issues. I guess the best thing you
could do is to ask in the tickets if someone can reproduce the issue. If so,
refer them to upstream because only upstream can really fix this. :-)

Felix

[1] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/issues/934#issuecomment-435329492
[2] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/issues/934#issuecomment-442261849