How to package full salome?

Related to "FreeCAD in Fedora is a disaster" I'm evaluating packaging the required modules from salome[1] in order to use the "real" SMesh instead of one of the various stand alone forks.

The problem thus far is the build system is designed for you to point to a "real" install of whichever dependencies are required, but all of the modules are packaged in one huge source.

I've been trying to beat cmake into submission, even going as far as building the kernel module twice, once to do a fake install and one to do a real (packaging) install but it's been a PITA.

My thought is to submit all the modules separate "packages" but they would all use the same source. Obviously this is not ideal but should make packaging much easier.

So my plan would be to name the packages "salome-<module>".

SMesh (the current need) only has three of the modules as a dependency so that would result in:

salome-kernel
salome-gui
salome-geom
salome-smesh

The other modules can be added if there is sufficient interest.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Richard