Re: Bodhi Outage Ongoing - Deploying 5.0

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you're underestimating how different the UI is with 5.0. I
> don't know where anything is yet... It looks slick, but it'll take
> some getting used to...

It does look slick, but here are two issues I've already run into with it.

1. The type, severity, and suggestion used to be radio buttons.  That
meant 1 mouse click was needed for each.  Now they are drop-down
menus, which means 2 mouse clicks are needed for each, with mouse
motion in between.  This is less friendly to those with physical
limitations (e.g., those suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome).  I,
personally, would like those to go back to radio buttons, please.

2. It is not possible to create a newpackage update with the GUI.
I've got a brand new package, gap-pkg-fining, with a brand new build
for F31.  I type "gap-pkg-fining" into the "Name" field, and it tells
me that it cannot find the package [1].  Okay, I will just paste the
build into the "Builds" field like I've done before.  Except I can't.
That field is not selectable.  I can't click into it, I can't tab into
it, and I can't paste into it.

Footnotes:
[1] This is nothing new.  There has been significant lag between
creation of a new package and bodhi becoming able to find it since the
retirement of pkgdb.  I recently (end of October) created an update
for a package that was initially created in late February, 8 months
earlier, and bodhi still couldn't find it.  I can understand that 30
seconds is too little time for a database update after creation of a
package.  I can even understand that 5 minutes might not be enough.
But why isn't 1 hour sufficient?  Eight months strikes me as utterly
ridiculous.  Those working on the initiative to improve the packager
experience: please look at doing something about this.  Slick tools
that autocomplete on package names are significantly less useful if
they're drawing from a database that is the better part of a year out
of date.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/