Re: Will orphan packages with NEW F31FTBFS bugs tomorrow

On 08. 11. 19 13:16, Miro Hrončok wrote:
According to the policy for packages that fail to build from source:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Fails_to_build_from_source_Fails_to_install/

I plan to orphan packages with NEW Fedora 31 Fail To Build From Source bugzillas tomorrow.

Due to a general "panic" response and the fact that today is a holiday in the US and in many European countries, the current plan is to do this on Wednesday.

By doing so, we notify the dependent package owners that something is wrong with their dependency before it is removed.

Orphaned packages can be unorphaned without any damage.
When the packages stay orphaned for 6+ weeks, they will be retired.
Retired packages can be unretired. If they are retired for 8+ weeks, new package review is needed.

Remember to set the bugzilla to ASSIGNED when you actually work towards fixing the build failure.

The list would now be:

ExchangeIR
ExchangeIR
apt-cacher-ng
apt-cacher-ng
archaius
archaius
bibus
busybox
bval
camotics
cduce
clapham
couchdb
csstidy
delve
dumb-init
eclipse-anyedit
eclipse-avr
eclipse-checkstyle
eclipse-color-theme
eclipse-dltk
eclipse-egit
eclipse-emf
eclipse-epic
eclipse-gef
eclipse-license
eclipse-m2e-antlr
eclipse-m2e-apt
eclipse-m2e-buildhelper
eclipse-m2e-core
eclipse-m2e-cxf
eclipse-m2e-egit
eclipse-m2e-maven-dependency-plugin
eclipse-m2e-mavenarchiver
eclipse-m2e-mavendev
eclipse-m2e-modello
eclipse-m2e-plexus
eclipse-m2e-sisu
eclipse-m2e-takari
eclipse-m2e-tycho
eclipse-m2e-workspace
eclipse-m2e-wtp
eclipse-nls
eclipse-pdt
eclipse-quickrex
eclipse-remote
eclipse-sgx
eclipse-subclipse
eclipse-testng
eclipse-usage
eclipse-webtools
erlang-cuttlefish
erlang-erlando
erlang-riak_search
erlang-stdlib2
erlpmd
ferm
fop
giis
gipfel
glob2
glusterd2
golang-github-10gen-openssl
graphite-web
gucharmap
guestfs-browser
ioprocess
isdn4k-utils
jdo-api
jogl2
jove
lbzip2
libgovirt
libserf
libx86
lv2-abGate
lv2-kn0ck0ut
maven-checkstyle-plugin
maven-eclipse-plugin
merkaartor
multibit-commons
multibit-hardware
nodejs-basic-auth
nodejs-buffertools
nodejs-bunyan
nodejs-chai-cheerio
nodejs-chai-fs
nodejs-commonmark
nodejs-compressible
nodejs-cors
nodejs-css-select
nodejs-csslint
nodejs-dateformat
nodejs-defence
nodejs-del
nodejs-delete
nodejs-encodeurl
nodejs-engine-dot-io-parser
nodejs-esprima
nodejs-eyes
nodejs-fake
nodejs-finalhandler
nodejs-find-cache-dir
nodejs-find-up
nodejs-flat-cache
nodejs-git-remote-origin-url
nodejs-globby
nodejs-gnode
nodejs-grunt-contrib-csslint
nodejs-grunt-legacy-util
nodejs-htmlparser2
nodejs-import-local
nodejs-jsonselect
nodejs-load-grunt-tasks
nodejs-make-dir
nodejs-method-override
nodejs-mock-bin
nodejs-mock-git
nodejs-moment
nodejs-negotiator
nodejs-only-shallow
nodejs-path-type
nodejs-pkg-dir
nodejs-pkg-up
nodejs-raw-body
nodejs-redent
nodejs-select-hose
nodejs-send
nodejs-stylus
nodejs-temp-write
nodejs-tilejson
nodejs-tilelive
nodejs-unique-stream
nodejs-vasync
nodejs-write
nodejs-xmlhttprequest
ocaml-bin-prot
ocaml-bisect
ocaml-bitstring
ocaml-deriving
ocaml-json-static
ocaml-mikmatch
ocaml-openin
ocaml-pa-monad
ocaml-pgocaml
ocaml-sexplib
ocaml-type-conv
ocamldsort
paulstretch
perdition
pyexiv2
python-alchimia
python-cattrs
python-cloudservers
python-gfm
python-jira
python-k8sclient
python-sanic
python-subunit2sql
redeclipse
resiprocate
rgbds
sassc
scamper
scilab
sqlite2
swt-chart
tycho
tycho-extras
utop
vdirsyncer
zathura-cb
zathura-djvu
zathura-pdf-mupdf
zathura-pdf-poppler
zathura-ps
zookeeper

Remember, if you'd like a package not to be orphaned, set the bug to ASSIGNED and work towards fixing the build failure.

This is coordinated (I'm talking to myself) in this releng ticket:
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8917

--
Miro Hrončok