Re: Upgrading ODCS prod (hopefully) next week.

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 10:48, Jan Kaluža <jkaluza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

last few weeks, I was working on ODCS upgrade in staging. This is done now and I would like to do the same upgrade in prod.

The ODCS running in Fedora prod infra is quite old and lot of things changed in the upstream. Therefore this upgrade is somehow big and I presume the service will not be running for few hours. The key changes in ODCS infrastructure will be:

- ODCS prod VMs will be redeployed to upgrade to Fedora 30.
- ODCS will stop using fedmsg-hub and starts using fedora-messaging.
- ODCS will start using Celery over fedora-infrastructure's RabbitMQ for job planning.
- Upgrade to latest ODCS and Pungi will be done.

All of that is already done and tested on staging infrastructure.

The service is currently used mainly by OSBS to build flatpak images and therefore I presume the flatpak builds will fail during this upgrade.

I will coordinate the upgrade with Clement Verna (OSBS),  Owen Taylor (flatpak) and Mikolaj Izdebski (fedora infra). In case you think you should be included in discussions related to this upgrade, please respond here :).

+devel for visibility

The outage is now schedule, see below for details

There will be an outage starting at 2019-11-06 08:00 UTC, which will last
approximately 2 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d '2019-11-06 08:00 UTC'

Reason for outage: During the outage window On Demand Compose service will be updated to latest version.

Affected Services:

ODCS : https://odcs.fedoraproject.org/composes
OSBS: Flatpak build will be failing during the time of the outage. Container builds are not impacted.

Ticket Link:

Contact Information: @cverna , @jkaluza

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or add comments to the ticket for this outage above.

The outage is tracked in this ticket --> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8353

Regards,
Jan Kaluza