Call for testers: testing multi-builds gating for rawhide packages in staging

Good Morning Everyone,

It has now been a few months since we launched the possibility to gate
single-builds in bodhi for rawhide updates, since then we have been working on
the step two to allow gating multi-builds updates in bodhi.
We are reaching completion on this work but before we push it to production, we
would like to solicit those of you who have the interest and time to test the
workflow in staging.
Basically, try to create a side-tag, build in it, create the update in bodhi see
if it goes through, if it gets stuck, if something is not nice to work with or
if something breaks.

How to test?
============

You can test staging very easily but you’ll need to adjust some of the commands
and tools you’re using.
* To get a kerberos ticket run: `kinit <fasusername>@STG.FEDORAPROJECT.ORG`
* To interact with dist-git use `fedpkg-stage` (provided by the package with the
  same name)
* To interact with koji directly, use the command: `koji -p stg <the rest of
  your command>`
  For examples:
    `koji -p stg buildinfo <nvr>`
    `koji -p stg untag <side-tag> <nvr>`

To interact with bodhi’s CLI you’ll see that most commands have a `--staging`
option you can specify which will make it call the staging instance of bodhi
rather than the production one.

As a reminder, you can find here the different tools:
Koji: https://koji.stg.fedoraproject.org/koji
Dist-git: https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/
Bodhi: https://bodhi.stg.fedoraproject.org/

How should the builds progress?
===============================

If you do a single build without side-tag the build should follow:
f32-updates-candidate (where you build it)
-> bodhi picks it up, creates the update and moves it to f32-signing-pending
-> robosignatory picks it up, signs it and moves it to
   f32-updates-testing-pending
-> test run... if they pass:
-> bodhi picks the message about the tests passing and move the builds into f32

If you do an update involving several (or one) build in a side-tag, the build(s)
should follow:
-> f32-side-XXX where you build it
-> Once you're done you create the update in bodhi
-> bodhi picks the builds and moves them to f32-side-XXX-signing-pending
-> robosignatory picks them up, signs them and moves them to
   f32-side-XXX-testing-pending
(Tests won't run for the moment, we're working on fixing this)
-> if everything is fine (waiving the missing tests will work), bodhi picks up
   the notification, merge the side-tag into f32 and removes the side-tag.

If you need to remove a build from a side-tag, you'll have to use koji -p stg
untag <tag> <nevr>.
If you have added a build to a side-tag, you can edit the update in bodhi's UI
and click on the refresh button that will update the list of builds in the
update from what is in the side-tag.

Where to report issues?

For anything related to bodhi, please use bodhi’s issue tracker:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues for everything else, please fill an
infra ticket: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/
In doubt, feel free to report to this thread or on #bodhi channel on freenode
and we’ll help you get oriented.

Looking forward for your feedback!
Pierre
    -- For the rawhide package gating team