Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Annobin Used By Bodhi

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:19:42PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 05:01:55PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > Note - I do not know *how* to add a run of the annocheck program to
> > the Bodhi process.  This change request is about asking that such a
> > thing be added.
>
> I think the best approach to this would be turn it into a test that
> can be run in the CI and used in the gating process. The result
> would be only indirectly visible in bodhi (as part of the test results).
> No special support would be added in bodhi.

That is correct. We will not make this kind of changes to bodhi.
Fedora has grown a mechanism to integrate test results from different sources
which can then be used to gate packages in bodhi and this would be the mechanism
to use in this situation.

I encourage you to reach out to the CI folks (cf the CI mailing list) to see
what is needed from you to implement your test.
Once you have your test running on pull-request and bodhi udpates, you can
invite anyone and everyone to use it to gate their packages via the gating.yaml
file in their git repo.

Pierre