Re: Bugzilla needinfo reminders

On Friday, October 25, 2019 11:02:00 AM CEST Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:30:39AM +0200, Kamil Dudka wrote:
>
> > On Friday, October 25, 2019 9:11:39 AM CEST Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > >   Few days ago (22nd Oct) I've started receiving daily reminders
> > >
> > > about needinfo for over a year old bugs.  Which is strange, as those
> > > bugs
> > > are closed.
> >

> > Bugzilla sends you notifications because the needinfo flag is set on you.
> > Why do not you simply clear the needinfo flag if it is not valid any
> > more?
>

>   I've done it now.
>

> > >   The notification are not really true, also. For example, bug …460
> > >
> > > below is listed as 66 days old.  I've filled it on 2018-07-09,
> > > which makes it 473 days old.
> > >

> > >   Can we revert whatever change was made to bugzilla on 21st Oct
> > >
> > > in order to receive less nags?
> >

> > I do not support this request.  I appreciate those notifications myself.
> >

>   They make sense for current bugs. Not for the ones CLOSED for months.

I use the needinfo flag on closed bugs, too.  For example, if the bug is
closed as WONTFIX, one can ask for a workaround or related recommendation.
The needinfo flag (and the notifications it triggers) increases the chance
of getting a qualified answer, which in turns helps other people that find
the closed bug report through a web search.

Kamil