Re: Bugzilla needinfo reminders

>>   Few days ago (22nd Oct) I've started receiving daily reminders
>> about needinfo for over a year old bugs.  Which is strange, as those bugs
>> are closed.

I got them too :(
> Bugzilla sends you notifications because the needinfo flag is set on you.
> Why do not you simply clear the needinfo flag if it is not valid any more?
>
> I do not support this request. I appreciate those notifications myself.

Where is the point in getting Needinfo reports for CLOSED bugs?

And worst, clearing the needinfo flag did not even work as it should on
closed bugs,
which will ironically be a bug to report to bugzilla itself :D

Does not work:

committing a comment with "answeres needinfo"

works:

clearing the flag in the selectbox on top of the br and submit the change.

And to answere your question, the workflow of bugzilla has two flaws:

a) closing a bug for any reason, should clear the flag. it does not.
b) if a bug is marked as duplicate of another bug, it gets closed, but
also the flag is not cleared.

I agree with you, that getting the report is a good idea, but only if
the bugs are still open.

I also miss the "End-Of-Life reports" from bugzilla, with all open bugs
and a condensed overview of
(component, Reporter, Assignee, Subject, Date, reported against
version,status,priority)

best regards,
Marius