Re: EPEL-8 branches requests being rejected

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 08:45:36AM +0200, Michal Ruprich wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I am trying to request epel-8 branch for rsh package but the request is
>    always closed as invalid with this explanation: "The branch in PDC already
>    exists". I have no idea what that means. I simply cannot find the epel-8
>    branch anywhere. Could anyone explain this and ideally point me in the
>    right direction as to where I can find the branch?

So the branch exists in PDC means that you can create the git branch yourself.
Simply: git checkout -b epel8 && git push -u origin epel8
If the push fails, you may have enabled the git hook preventing the creation of
new git branches, if so, you'll need to temporarily (or permanently, up to you)
disable this hook in the settings of the project.

We really ought to improve the message posted to the request here...

Pierre