Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Modules in Non-Modular Buildroot

Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> You seem to totally miss the point - there is no one even trying to ship
> Maven as a traditional package so what should we do give up on having
> anything built with Maven in the distro?

If module-only packages finally get banned (as they should have been from
the onset), the Maven maintainers will HAVE TO maintain the non-modular
version if they want to maintain Maven at all.

It is just not acceptable to move packages as central as Maven to module-
only and leave everything depending on them in the cold. This has been
pointed out (by me and others) to the Maven maintainers ever since they
first announced their plan, and was blatantly ignored. So we really need a
policy to enforce social common sense (i.e., module-only = no go).

        Kevin Kofler