coreos-assembler v0.6.0

As part of creating Fedora CoreOS (and derivatives like Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS), we are making some fairly fundamental changes to how the operating system works - while OSTree isn't new to Fedora, Ignition is - and more broadly than that, using Ignition implies something much more similar to the Container Linux experience where installation is via "dd to disk".

We created https://github.com/coreos/coreos-assembler as a new, opinionated tool designed to bind together Ignition, rpm-ostree, while carrying forward a lot of the Container Linux tooling from the https://github.com/coreos/mantle/ project around uploading to IaaS clouds, running tests (kola) etc.

https://github.com/coreos/coreos-assembler/releases/tag/v0.6.0
is the 0.6.0 release.

coreos-assembler comes as a container image (ready to run via "rootless" podman for example), not an RPM.   We may try to add it to the Fedora container buildsystem at some point, but the reason I'd like to occasionally highlight releases here is because part of the intention is that coreos-assembler should be an easy onramp for people and projects that want a "custom" Fedora CoreOS style system.

For example, I'd like for in the future for Fedora Silverblue and Fedora IoT to be *derivatives* of Fedora CoreOS.

And today, RHEL CoreOS (part of OpenShift 4) is created via coreos-assembler, although it's RHEL content obviously.

There are obviously a *ton* of "build systems" out there - but I think so far coreos-assembler has been working well as a way to make "CoreOS style systems"; for anyone who is interested in that (or wants to contribute to Fedora CoreOS), please take a look!