Don't add default contents in `fedpkg request-branch` tickets Was: Re: can we merge package.cfg into master

On Friday, September 27, 2019 6:29:54 PM CEST Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 12:06 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > epel 8 brings a new file called package.cfg, I strongly prefer to
> > > keep
> > > branches mergeable with fast forward , may we merge this into
> > > master ?
> > > like I did in pngquant [1]
> > >

> > It disables the normal build behavior for all non-master branches, so
> > you don't want to do that.
>
> Well , I want keep my branches mergeable !

Same problem.  I came across several epel8 branch requests ... and there
always is some default 'package.cfg' file I don't really mind as I
observed (the builds against epel8 just succeed without that).  More,
sometimes the README.md is added.

Could we stop doing that?  Unless it is really reasonable, I don't plan to
make differences in maintained branches, and to achieve that with the
current approach -- I have to go the ugly way (merge epel8 to master and
vice versa, so histories in all branches are ugly forever).

It would be better if we were either "just" allowed to push to
not-yet-existing branch, or optionally begin the branch from in-advance
specified hash.

Pavel