Re: Defining the future of the packager workflow in Fedora

Dne 03. 10. 19 v 12:18 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
Then obviously, people start inventing %if spaghetti.

Nope,
  %if spaghetti
comes from people who are upstream author of some project (usually layered application) and have to support the packages (usually cli tools for their project) for all Fedoras, Epels. Also for Debians, Suses, Mageias... And they are actually also package maintainers in those distributions. And they do not want to maintain various versions of spec files in various distributions.

In all projects, I have been working so far, the push to Fedora from upstream was fully automated and I did not need to know about dist-git branches at all.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys