Re: Finding out ownership of packages & branches

On 30/09/2019 21:02, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 14:54, Tim Jackson <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where is the canonical source these days for establishing package
(co-)ownership, in particular in relation to individual branches?

branch ownership died 2-3 years ago. a replacement was asked to be
looked at but has been side-lined for so long.. I think we can call it
dead.

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I guess it was something to do with this? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Factory2/Focus/ArbitraryBranching

So, these days, if - for example - I take and build a package in EPEL, intending to maintain it only there (potentially only in one branch there), there's no possible way in the future for anyone to (programmatically) identify me as the "EPEL-x branch owner"?.

Similarly, bug reports on all branches go to all maintainers? (It seems co-maintainers possibly get cc'd). (If it's still valid, this perhaps is a manual way to change: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WhatHappenedToPkgdb#How_do_I_become_the_default_assignee_of_a_branch_in_bugzilla.3F )

Is the current state documented anywhere? (is it roughly this? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WhatHappenedToPkgdb )

Is the (known) lack of branch ownership documented in a bug anywhere? I didn't find anything in the FESco issue list, open or closed.

I guess we lost the metadata (e.g. branch ownership) that already existed along the way?

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/nagios
click on members
the people who are listed there are the comaintainers though I expect
several of them have completely forgotten or know it anymore :).

Hmm, OK, "members" is perhaps not the term I would have chosen, but I guess it answers the question. Are all co-maintainers, or are "admins" co-maintainers and "committers" other interested parties who've been granted commit access?

Tim