Re: Renewing the Modularity objective

Hello,

Could you please also resolve breaking upgrade paths for people who
never run `dnf module` command?

I'll try to explain what happened to me. As I wrote above I never run
`dnf module` until I was forced to run `dnf module reset` to fix my
issue. I'm running Fedora 30.

If I understand correctly what happened was that my zanata-client
package switched to module (or maybe dependencies, not sure) and then
the module was removed and replaced by packages.

It happened like this:

1) `dnf update` updated zanata to use module
2) module was removed
3) `dnf update` has conflict with module packages because it tried to
update to non module packages which were in conflict with the module
installed ones
4) Had to call my first module command and that was `dnf module reset`
5) Call `dnf distrosync` to remove the packages from a non-existing
module
6) Finally working `dnf update`

This is really not nice user experience to start with the modules from
a user perspective. Could you please prevent this issue for future.
There should be a way how to remove module without blocking upgrade
path, especially when the module was automatically dragged in by a
normal update.

What I missed in the above for simplification is that I used the `
--best --allowerasing` with a hope that I will be able to install the
new zanata then. By doing that I've effectively blocked zanata-client
from being installed on my laptop.

I also want to thank DNF team, they helped me to fix my NB otherwise I
wouldn't be able to make a new releases thanks to the missing zanata-
client.

Best regards,
Jirka