Re: RPM Fusion Bugzilla Bug 5307

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 11:46:40 PM MST Ty Young wrote:
> That's a load of bull dung if there ever was one. There are *MANY* bugs
> in Intel/AMD's drivers and MESA that have yet to be fixed(which affect
> everyone) despite being Open Source. You can't fix those bugs as is but
> then turn around and imply that *IF* Nvidia released/contributed to an
> Open Source driver these issues wouldn't happen? Really?

There are bugs in every software. Currnetly, the Intel drivers are the most
stable available on Linux. I don't know what in the world you're talking
about.

There will never come a day where there are zero bugs in any given complex
software.

> If this is your piss poor excuse for the binary driver, then what about
> the Open Source one? That driver you can change and it's only seemingly
> broken because of GRUB boot errors/warnings and a 5 second blank screen
> with graphical glitch before showing the shutdown spinner.

We can't do anything to help you with the binary driver. Go bug nvidia,
they're the only ones that can help you with that.

> Those GRUB boot errors/warnings? Yeah, those have existed since Fedora
> 30 released yet haven't been fixed. GRUB is Open Source, so I'd love to
> hear the excuse for that.

What errors or warnings are you talking about?

- -
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity