Re: Fedora 31 Beta Release Announcement

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 14:32, John M. Harris, Jr. <johnmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These "obsolete" stacks you refer to can easily coexist with newer software, or newer hardware. They currently do, for example. I really don't understand why there is so much hostility against anything perceived as being old here.

Because people have different takes on what 'First' means. To the set
of packagers/developers 'who are hostile' it means working on the
cutting edge to bleeding edge software and not having to spend time on
things which are old. If they wanted to work on older stuff they would
do so in CentOS/RHEL/Debian space.

This really isn't a new thing. We have had some version of this
conversation even back when Fedora was Red Hat Linux and people wanted
to know why Red Hat had dropped something which had worked perfectly
well in 4.2 for some newer thing they didn't want.

This is my last email on this because we have pretty much said
everything once again.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.