Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 31 Beta Release Announcement

> Featuritis? Actually, do not see any usefulness in any module.
*any* module ?
Maybe you just haven't met the right use case yet.

I maintain packages of MariaDB and MySQL projects. There's no better
way I can imagine, to develop two version of the packages of the DB,
than modules.
Fedora have MariaDB 10.3 in base. 10.4 in modules. I maintain both, I
actively fix both and I try to cooperate with upstream to get it so
stable, that Fedora could switch to 10.4. [1]

Apart from that, I don't want to force useres to do the upgrade
immediatelly. I'm providing both 10.3 and 10.4 as modules (even though
10.3 is also in base), so the user can switch to the desired stream
and stay with it, no matter when I introduce the new version into the
base Fedora. of course, I don't plan to mainatin the 10.3 forever
after the change will be made, but I believe i surely might come handy
to someone, who wants the up-to-date and secure Fedora, but haven't
got time to upgrade 10.3->10.4 yet.

Althought I agree with that many of the modularized packages are not
useffull modularized, and / or creates more issues that way; I
certainly find the modularity usefull.
As per Unix motto "do one thing and do it well" [2], I never expected
modularity to solve all of my problems and use cases. Just some. And
it did. Just fine. For me.
( Disclaimer: modularity will need time to also comply with the part
"do it well" ;) )

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/MariaDB_10.4
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy#Do_One_Thing_and_Do_It_Well

--